Friday 20 April 2012

Vidal Sassoon Tangle Free Hot Air Styler

I am one of those girls who are fortunate enough to have naturally long hair, which is both a blessing and a curse. I love the way that I can create thousands of styles and looks because of the length of my hair, however I am a self-confessed styling tool addict and am constantly wooed by new, shiny products released onto the market!!

As a result, when I was recently approached by Vidal Sasson to review some of their brand new styling tools, I just couldn't resist! The entire range looks incredibly sleek and user friendly, and I was pleasantly surprised by the price range, as I expected such a well known brand to come at a price, but the products are also purse friendly too!

The first tool I have chosen to review is the Vidal Sasson Tangle Free Hot Air Styler.


I have used various styling tools before, but never a hot air styler - I'm more of a hairdryer and barrel brush kind of girl. The hot air styler has been designed for adding volume and height, especially to shorter hairstyles, but I was interested to see it at work on longer hair.


I began with wet hair, which I had quickly towel dried. The hot air styler both dries and styles in one, so you only need one tool to style your hair! I applied a little of my favourite and essential hair product, Moroccan Oil, to protect my hair and give it shine, then sectioned off the lower pieces of my hair and set to work with the styler.

I first sat the styler below each section (about 2 inches wide) of hair, close to the root, to add lift and volume. This is great because the styler uses hot air but doesn't get too hot, allowing you to directly heat the hair which then quickly dries and lifts to give bounce and volume. It also means that you don't need to fiddle about with a barrel brush and hairdryer, so you have a free hand to seperate and adjust the hair should you need to.

After lifting the root, I then wrapped each section around the barrel and gently brushed through to dry and style.

Below is the result that I achieved on the lower part of my hair in less than 10 minutes from wet.


After I had dried and styled the bottom section of my hair, I unclipped the top and continued the same process of root lift and styling.

I found the styler very user friendly and achieved quick results. The styler has two heat/speed settings and two interchangeable barrels; one 25mm barrel for creating large curls / waves / volume or one 19mm barrel for smaller, tighter waves / curls. It features a release switch for ease of use, and assurance of tangle free curls and volume.

It really is a one-man-band sort of styler, and it allowed me to style my hair quickly and with minimum effort.  I liked the fact that I only had to expose my hair to hot air rather than heat styling, and that this was only once during the styling - rather than blow drying with a barrel brush and then taming the resulting frizz with my GHDs.


I'm not sure whether this would replace my Enrapture curlers for volume and easy styling, but as quick and easy styling tools go this is superb. Not only is it great for drying and styling but I'd also certainly recommend it for travelling or to keep in your desk at work as it provides a quick and simple pick-me-up for your hair, replenishing shape and volume throughout the day. It also has a nifty feature of allowing you to change the wattage so you can take it abroad with you to keep your holiday hair looking pristine!
Here is a picture of what I achieved using the styler in less than 20 minutes, with long, wet hair...


...pretty impressive hey?
I managed to get quite a lot of root lift, volume and movement using just the larger barrel, which is no mean feat when you have long hair which is quite heavy. I am intending on using the smaller barrel later today to create some loose, romantic waves, I will let you know how I get on!

The Vidal Sassoon Tangle Free Hot Air Styler retails for around £15 depending on the store (a complete bargain - told you it was purse friendly!!) and is available from Asda, Tesco, Boots and Sainsburys.

Find more info on the brand spanking new Vidal Sassoon electrical range on Twitter here or Facebook here 

Happy styling! xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment