Tuesday 17 January 2012

Big and bouncy...hair that is! ;) Enrapture Extremity Rollers review x

I LOVE big, volouminous hair, who doesn't?!

I have battled for years to achieve that fabulous 1950's pin up bouncy hair without having to buy some horrid plastic tipped, strands of someone else's hair to stick on my head. Sorry, I am NOT a fan of hair extensions, I think they're tacky and obvious, even when celebrities pay thousands for them. Yuck.

Instead, I would prefer for my head to be plastic free, for my fiance to be able to run his hands through my hair without them getting caught on some now-bald woman's offcuts....

I read up on heated rollers and bleated on about them to afore-mentioned fiance as a birthday present. After thoroughly researching to find the biggest, bad-ass rollers I could possibly get my hands on, the largest I could come up with was a rather pathetic travel set consisting of 8 rollers in a travel case...hmmm...not quite as bad-ass as I had hoped for.

Then, as if by magic I was watching TV one evening and up popped an advert for 'Extremity' rollers by Enrapture. Immediately I was on my phone, Googling like a woman possessed....!

It turns out that these magical rollers have two sizes - medium and large, the large unit holds TWENTY rollers and they have a 'Unique Duo Heat Technology'..?! Amazing! The fiance was sent straight to Argos under strict instruction not to return without these beauties!

My hair - having used Enrapture rollers.
The rollers come in a lovely, sleek, black and indigo gift box (we girlies love presentation!) and the actual roller case is sturdy, with a compartment for storing the lead beneath and an LED display on the front which shows when the rollers are ready to use. These rollers, unlike most, only take two minutes to heat up (rather than the usual 20 or so to become lukewarm) and hold the heat in the core, meaning you don't burn your fingers as you put them in.
The most impressive part, by far, is the 'duo heat technology' where someone incredibly clever has decided to fit a small metal plate within the inner of the clips, so once the rollers are in, the heat is held inside to give a stronger curl...clever hey!?

**TOP TIP** When using the rollers, I find it best to wash my hair the night before, let it dry naturally overnight and put them in the next morning. The natural wave in your hair will accentuate the result of the rollers!!!

The best way to use rollers is to put in the largest at the top first, this will give volume and body to the top part of your hair. Then add the smaller rollers to the bottom part of your hair.

To put the larger rollers in, wind sections of hair - approximately 1 inch wide - around the barrels of the rollers, securing with the clip. For the best results, roll the sections of hair at the very top of your head forward, rather than to the side, as per the rather scary picture below.

This will minimise any kinks and give the best volume. If you have a fringe or bangs, I would avoid putting this into the rollers as it will create a large curl to the front of your head. Instead, blow dry it into place one the rollers are all in.

If I have washed my hair that day, I sometimes wrap my head in a scarf once they're all in, much to the amusement/bemusement of my children and the postman ,while I'm whizzing about doing my make-up (or more likely, battling with my son to get him into his uniform in the morning...not quite as glam, I know). I find that this just holds them up as they cool and adds an extra layer to hold in the heat for longer, as when my hair is freshly washed it is quite fine and smooth.

These rollers have a soft velvet coating, which means that when you remove them they do not pull at your hair which would also pull out the curl! The ends are plastic, so they are cool to touch when putting them in and they slowly release the heat into your hair, minimising heat damage to your hair and fingers!

I tend to leave mine in for about half an hour once I have put them in, and then carefully unwind the hair from the curlers, one by one starting at the bottom. Once I have removed all of the smaller rollers, I spritz the hair with hairspray, gently holding each section up in the palm of my hand to support the curls whilst giving them a quick spray. I then continue to unwind the top section from the large rollers, again being careful not to 'pull' the hair away. Once they'e out I gently guide my hair into the style I want and spritz all over with hairspray again.

These are unquestionably the best hair tools I have ever owned!! They are perfect if you are a busy working mum like me, wanting a glam hair do without the fuss and effort of a thousand styling tools and a cupboard full of products! I literally pop them in when I get up, get the kids ready for the day, get ready for work and take them out before leaving the house. Amazing hair with zero effort! These are easily the best hair product you will ever buy!


xxx


4 comments:

  1. Big fan of hair rollers! Wish I'd known about these, although my Babyliss ones aren't bad. Hair looks gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use BaByliss 3035BU Thermo Ceramic Rollers, again these have the velvet coating which is so much nicer on your hair and means you can handle them that much better once heated rather than burning your fingers on plastic ones.
    I am a bit of a babyliss fan though and use them alot of weddings as well as the wand for a tigher curl x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look fab, i like the case that they are in too.
      I tend to use pins to hold mine but the clamps are definatly better if you are DIYing it as the pins are just too fiddly to get right if you are doing your own.
      May have to give these ago when mine die on me although hopefully that wont be for a while yet lol x

      Delete
  3. I have to agree... these rollers rock!

    ReplyDelete