Tuesday 17 April 2012

Brows with Benefits

As you are probably aware from previous posts, my unruly and barely-there eyebrows (#naturalblondeprobz) are normally tended to and cared for by the wonderful and talented Ella Butler of Facebase Makeup and Brow Bar in Truro.

I will only trust Ella with my HD brows as other, cheaper, alternatives can be done by just about anyone - but you cannot guarantee that they will come out at all well. 
Ella is not your bog standard make-up beautician, she is a professional make-up artist with experience of working on TV and film, national magazine publications and A-list celebrities. Therefore, you know that will get incredible results every time and I thoroughly recommend her 100% for all of your beauty and brow needs!!

I tend to have my brows 'HD'd' every 6-8 weeks as the results are so professional that you can go for long periods between without the need for constant touch ups.
However, toward the end of the 6-8 week period my brows can start to go a little haywire (they seem to have a mind of their own) and need bringing back into line.

Today I'm going to share my secret brow saviour with you. This little miracle set really refreshes my brows, pulling in any unwanted strays, shaping and framing my face and making those HD brows last just a little longer.

If you don't tend to shape or tint your brows often (or indeed at all) then this set will also give you the appearance of freshly-groomed brows to perfectly frame your face and open your eyes.


The Benefit Brow Zings set is a must-have, go anywhere, purse friendly product which is not only easy to use but will give you fantastic results.
It is available to buy in 3 shades, light, medium and dark and it comes in a cute little compact with a mirror, a hard-angle brush, a blending brush and a set of mini tweezers!
The set consists of pigmented wax to shape and tame, along with natural-shaded powder to fill and set your brows. There is also a tutorial included to show you how to use the product.
I have applied my Brow Zings to my bare brows and taken stage by stage photographs to illustrate the difference the product makes and just how easy it is to achieve wonderful results. Please bare in mind that it has been 8 weeks since my last brow appointment so my brows are overgrown, misshapen and have no tint left (nice!).



My brows before applying any product whatsoever. As you can see the colour and shape is uneven and untidy.



Brow Zings wax applied to my right eyebrow (on your left) to shape and tame the brow hairs.

To apply the wax, I use the hard angle brush loaded with wax and start below the inner corner of the brow, drawing a defined line beneath the first section, heading diagonally up toward the top of my ear. I then concentrate on creating an arch by lining beneath the brow at the peak. To complete the line, I head along the outside of the outer edge of the brow, toward the bottom of my ear.
I finish the process by re-loading the brush with wax and 'filling' the brows, guiding and setting the hairs into place with a small amount of wax.

Brow Zings powder applied to my right eyebrow (on your left) to fill and set the brow.
 To apply the powder, I fill the blending brush and use the tip to go over the line I created below the brow and arch. I then re-load and use the flat edge to cover and set the wax that I have applied to the main brow area.



Brow Zings wax applied to my left eyebrow (on your right) to shape and tame the brow hairs.



Brow Zings powder applied to my left eyebrow (on your right) to fill and set the brow.


And voila!! We're done - and it really is as simple as that! It takes me about 5 minutes and I need no other products apart from what is included in the set. No setting gel, no hairspray on a wand, no miracles...!!

Here's a before and after shot for you.

Before.



After.

 

The Brow Zings set costs £22.50 from Benefit counters throughout the UK. It sounds like a fairly high price tag compared to eyebrow pencils etc, but remember that you are getting an entire brow set for that price. Also, I use mine daily and each set lasts me 6+ months at a time. So that's less than £4 a month for amazing eyebrows!!

Give it a go - you won't look back!

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment