Monday 16 April 2012

Pretty pastels

Well Spring has most definitely sprung!!

You need look no further than the highstreet window displays for colourful explosions of citrus, chiffon and printed fabrics that symbolises our move away from the drab greys and browns of winter and teases us with the fact that summer is just around the corner. There's something ultra exciting about this time of year, when you dig out your white crops and book in for a long-awaited pedicure for your poor, neglected winter feet!

I am currently lusting over the plethora of pastel shades winking at me from shop windows and magazine pages and have developed a bit of a crush on mint green.

This beautiful shade compliments every skin tone, be it fair, dark or olive, and it also looks great on blondes, brunettes or redheads.
It is almost impossible to find a colour which will look great on everyone, but I think that this shade ticks every box.

In the past month I have indulged this new found love and purchased three 'essential' items in this gorgeous pastel shade.

My first purchase has been this beautiful, floaty mint blouse from H&M. The sleeveless design, dipped hem and sheer chiffon back immediately gives a soft and feminine look.
I love how versatile this blouse is, I like to team mine with turned up chinos, flats and oversizes sunnies for a casual spring daytime look. It is also easily dressed up, just team it with leather-look leggings, killer stilettos, heavy eye make-up and chunky jewellry for a punky evening look.




The blouse costs just £7.99 from H&M, click on the picture for more info.


My second 'must-buy' is this FAB nail lacquer from GOSH in 597 - Miss Minty.
This gorgeous nail lacquer gives a more professional, heavily-applied look than nail varnishes. I adore the flat, milky colour that it gives. It applies easily and quickly, and I normally only need two coats (I have only applied two coats in the picture).
I picked this up from my local Superdrug for about £5.

I find that this a cheap and cheerful way to give a nod toward the season's pastel trend, with the colour being cute enough for day wear and muted enough for work.


GOSH nail lacquers also have the benefit of being formaldehyde and toulene free. These nasty ingredients are linked to cancer, developmental/reproductive toxicity and allergies so avoiding these in nail polishes and other beauty products is probably a good idea!

(These horrid additives are included in lots of products, shockingly they are even found in baby products, and I will be doing a big blog drive on the importance of checking ingredients and where to buy high quality, safe and healthy products at affordable prices very soon...watch this space!)

My third and final (for this month anyway...!) minty pastel purchase was this pair of delicious skinny jeans from Little Miss Couture.


These are made from a lovely stretch material which fits beautifully and gives a great shape. The deep waistband and low pockets 'lift' your bottom and flatter the waist. They're only £25 (bargain!) and will carry me through the spring and summer effortlessly.



I spotted Kim Kashardian in a similar pair recently, teaming hers with nude accents which looked gorgeous. I like to pair mine with sky-high nude courts and a plain vest for a more dressy look, or they look equally as fab when teamed with nautical items such a breton stripe tops or white cotton blouses.

They are also available in bubblegum pink which are just as cute! So much so, I couldn't decide so bought both pairs! 

These are a failsafe option if you want to be bang on trend this spring without breaking the bank.

Little Miss Couture are also running a competition on Facebook and Twitter at the moment where you can win your favourite item from their website. All you need to do is post a link on their Twitter or Facebook page and it could be up for grabs! Check it out!!

www.facebook.com/ltlmisscouture
www.twitter.com/ltlmisscouture


So there you have it. My take on easy to wear spring pastels on a budget.
If you've found any beautiful bargains so far this spring, please comment and let me know, I'd love to know how you're wearing this trend!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment