Sunday 20 November 2011

Miles of smiles! x

Ok, so here goes with my first (and possibly most basic but important) entry!!

I decided to name my blog All In The Smile as I do truly believe that a genuine smile is the best accessory that you can ever wear.

It is scientifically proven that smiling releases endorphins which make you feel and look great. Smiling will keep you young, attractive and far less stressed. The happier you are inside, the more it shows on the outside, and vice versa.
I like to remember one of my favourite sayings, which is 'Holding a grudge is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die'.

Keep your smile in top condition. Always visit the dentist at least every six months, try to use whitening toothpaste but make sure it's a sensitive version so that it's less abrasive and will do little damage over time.
My favourite is Beverly Hills Formula Sensitive Whitening Expert
http://www.beverlyhillsformula.com/products/sensitive-toothpaste .
This can be left on teeth as a whitening treatment for up to a minute before brushing to achieve it's full potential. (I've included a smiley picture of my pearly whites below so that you can see the results...I've never used/had any whitening treatments etc before.)

Please PLEASE avoid whitening procedures, laser whitening and veneers. These will only damage and make your teeth look unnaturally white, and you will regret it later on in life.

Abide by all of the boring dentist rules where possible, avoiding fizzy drinks where possible or drinking them though a straw, reduce coffee and red wine intake etc.

I'm a self confessed black coffee addict (I have 3 children, a career, home and a husband, coffee is my saviour!) so I also take a toothbrush to work and brush my teeth with whitening toothpaste after lunch, to keep my breath fresh (nothing worse than stinky garlic waft) and keep my teeth white.

I know that this isn't rocket science, it's all stuff that you have heard before, but try thinking of how many times in a day you frown compared to how many times you smile.
Take a few moments as often as possible in each day to concentrate on something or someone that makes you happy. Think of how fortunate you are, and let yourself smile at your thoughts. If you find yourself in a stressful situation then try thinking good thoughts and smile through it. Ugly thoughts make an ugly person.

I'll be back soon with some more in-depth tips and tricks on make-up, hair, tanning etc...meanwhile if you have any tips on getting and maintaining a gorgeous smile please leave a comment!

Happy smiling everyone.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment