Monday 20 August 2012

Monochrome mod meets countryside chic...


As much as I hate to admit it, summer is slowly drawing to a close.

With 'next season' emails creeping into my inbox and stores beginning to sneak the odd couple of rails' worth of browns, greys and ochres into the corners, everything is hinting toward the shift to A/W trends.
So reluctantly I have begun my wardrobe wishlist for the transition into autumn/winter.


Two of my favourite trends this A/W are mod and heritage. I absolutely love them both, especially the monochrome mod pieces and the luscious tweed and quilted detailing on the items in the heritage collections.

Below, I have put together a selection of items which I would love to add to my wardrobe as autumn draws in.







I love the tweed jacket shown here in the centre, which is from missguided.co.uk and sells for £34.99. It is a really versatile piece and could easily be worn causally or formally. The tweed hints toward the heritage trend without having to go down the check pattern and corduroy-elbow-patch route.


The white peplum top is from glamorousuk.com and retails at £22.99. I paired this with a skinny black waist belt from Warehouse for £12.00 and black jodphur style skinny trousers from River Island for £38.00 and then finished the look with a cute pair of leather gloves from boohoo.com which sell for £22.00.
The combination of the tweed jacket, jodphur trousers and leather gloves gives a real British countryside edge to an otherwise slick monochrome look, which in turn is a very 'mod' influence.

Finally, I added a simple quilted bag and shoe boots, all with gold accents to pick up on the buttons of the coat and buckle of the belt, to keep the look clean and structured.

I chose two options for the shoe/bag combo, a more expensive option and a cheaper high-street option. I think that if you choose a timeless look with shoes and bags then investing a little more expense can be worthwhile, however if money is tight then you can get the same overall result but at a fraction of the price! So here are my two options:



Option 1 - high street:





 











Option 2 - designer:















I absolutely love the gold piping detail on these Zanotti shoe boots, and would love to add them to my shoe collection. Equally I think the flash of gold heel on the ASOS shoe boots would work just as well to tie in the gold accent details throughout the outfit.

The overall look would work equally as well with a sheer chiffon blouse and pair of flat, patent riding boots for the day time - again as a nod toward the heritage trend.

I hope that you like to combination of the two key trends in one, and hopefully think it works!
I'd love to hear which trends will be influencing your wardrobe this A/W.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment